You're an animal! No, worse. Human! - Runaway Train (1987)
Can you believe it? Summer is simply flying through. What’s also flying are all the amazing projects fellow TOCPUG’ers are cranking out!
A few things about TOCPUG:
- WE LOVE MOVIES. Yes, many of us have learned the language of “Movie-Speak”
- We’re not just a ‘tech group’ blabbing about shit you’ve read on tech-blogs. We’ll cover tech, but we’ll also tear it apart.
- The prevailing belief: Art/Technology 50/50.
If you are new to Toronto: A Poet, A film school grad, a wedding/corporate videomaker, an indie horror filmmaker, an actor, veteran of film/tv and would like to meet the BEST in the biz?: TOCPUG is for you.
We are open to all and FOREVER FREE.
“Forever Free” means many things:
- Free of ‘membership fees’: We will never ask for $$ or “Sign up”. Those who fund this group do so strictly out of a fervent belief in the mission.
- Free of self-censorship: We don’t stream/record our meetings, which gives the best platform in simply coming out and ‘telling it like it is’. Our members love the freedom to vent/praise/experience the wild debate/discussions and politic-free presentations!
- Open to All: History has repeatedly proven, insular group-think is a disaster: that sort of thinking is a dead-end. It’s an investment in failure.
- Open to All: Yes, even though FCPX has been a disaster on wheels, we offer comprehensive “FCPX rehab” clinics to those willing to make the ‘first step’.
For the past three years, we’ve run the group with one basic principle: Just the facts.
This group focuses/discusses many of the topics/things tech-blogs/tech-sites either doesn’t cover, or (you can guess why) WON’T.
Three years on: TOCPUG’s best days are ahead!
See you all there Sept 19th,2017!